mcs.batto your bin folder, with the following line (assuming you've extract the zip file to mono_iot in the root of your C drive):
Xamarin Studio, goto Tools -> Options and then scroll down to Projects -> .NET Runtimes and click add to the root of the mono_iot folder. After you've added it, it should look like the following (ignoring the Mono 3.3.0 that I installed separately):
libfolder to your Galileo and at least
mono-2.0.dll, both found in the bin folder from Jeremiah's zip file to the folder where you intend to copy your C# executable. You could alternatively after copying over the entire mono_iot folder structure add it to the path like so (assuming once again you've extracted to c:\mono_iot) over a Telnet session:
set pwhich will list the following after you've rebooted your Galileo:
app.configwhen compiling from Visual Studio and deploying a little test app to my Galileo:
WebClientisn't supported. Got me thinking to verify the version of Mono from Jeremiah:
HttpClientthat I knew wasn't supported by Windows IoT's CLR. I threw together a quick sample to pull down the compare results from jcBENCH to the console:
Newtonsoft.Json.dllto the solution via NuGet and made sure it was copied over during deployment. With a bit of a surprise:
c:\Windows\Microsoft.Netwas non-existent, so I started poking around. Low and behold under the
c:\Windows \System32\CoreCLR\v1.0folder all of the CLR dlls live.
HttpClienttest with the
System.Net.Httpcopied unfortunately gave a
WebClientwith the following code block:
System.Netnamespace? So I copied over the System.ni.dll from the
c$\Windows\System32\CoreCLR\v1.0path and opened it in the Object Browser inside of Visual Studio 2013 only to see not a lot is implemented...
System.Netcomponent in C# at this time. Crossing my fingers it is on the horizon as I have a few ideas I'd love to implement in C# as opposed to C++ with the Galileo board.
Internet Explorer 2.0, I started the arduous process of updating my installation to more recent versions of software.
Internet Explorerto the latest available which happens to be version 5. Like Service Pack 6, it was an effort in a half to find Internet Explorer 5 for NT4 Alpha. To make it easier for folks, you can download it here.
Visual Studio 6installed and diving into
TOOLS -> Options... -> Xamarin -> iOS Settingslike so: [caption id="attachment_1930" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Xamarin iOS Settings in Visual Studio 2012[/caption] Once on that dialog, click "Configure..." and then you'll get a dialog like so, and click on the Mac you wish to deploy to: [caption id="attachment_1931" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Xamarin iOS Build Host[/caption]
viand start editing on my SGI O2 faster than I could open up
Visual Studio 2010, then browse to the project and start coding on my Phenom II system. It saddens me to know that so many people will frown upon not top of the line specs even if they are only going to use 50% of the power available. Gluttony it seems has taken hold of consumers...